Arrival, Departure, & Parking Lot Safety
Please read about the Whitmore-Bolles Parking Lot Safety Plan.
*NEW INFORMATION- HIGHLIGHTS*
- All students will be dropped off and picked up in the back of the building, on the blacktop.
- All classrooms are assigned a line number where they will line up for arrival, departure, and recess.
Arrival Time Specifics:
- Teachers will meet students at their line each morning, promptly at 8:30am.
- Safety & Service Squad students will be stationed outside to assist and monitor safety.
- The Pledge of Allegiance will be recited together outside at 8:35 am.
- Teachers will lead their students inside the building through assigned doors.
- Breakfast will be served starting at 8:10am until 8:25am. Students will enter the building using door 9 (back of school) and leave using door 9 (back of school) to line up with classmates by 8:33am.
- In case of rain or temperatures less than 16 degrees, teachers will receive students no sooner than 8:25am, at their entry door. The Pledge of Allegiance will be recited in classrooms.
- Teachers will walk all students through assigned doors to meet families on the class line, after 3:35 pm bell.
- Teachers will remain with students until they are picked up by their families. Students who are not picked up by 3:45pm will be released from the main office.
- Grades K-2: Students will be released to their families by the teacher at the front of the line.
- Grades 3-5: Students can be released at the door if parents have communicated a plan with the teacher (i.e. walking home, riding bike, meeting at car, parents waiting in a different area, etc). Please communicate parental approval for this directly to the classroom teacher (how students are getting home, who will be picking them up, where they are meeting)
Thank you for your help in ensuring our students’ safety!