Medication & Student belongings pickup today for all students, 9am-1pm! Also, please return library books. GSRP applications will be available.
Picking up student belongings
The day has finally arrived when parents of our preschoolers (ECSE, GSRP) – 5th graders can pick up their student’s favorite hoodie, winter coat, 2 pairs of shoes, assortment of little toys, broken pencils, secret diaries, fresh as a daisy lunch boxes or any other wonderful items left in their desk or locker!
(Hope we all have at least a little sense of humor left at this point!)
Teachers have bagged up student items and we are ready to go! We will have tables set up by grade level on the sidewalk outside the office, next to the parking lot. (We’ll be in the vestibule if weather is bad.)
There will also be a table with items from the lost & found and GSRP applications will be available for pickup.
Here are the ground rules:
- A parent, guardian or family member over the age of 18 with a photo id must pick up the items.
- If your student has medications that need to be picked up, a parent or guardian must be present to sign for them. Any meds not picked up Tuesday will be disposed of.
- Anyone coming to pick up items must be wearing a mask.
- Social distancing of 6 ft must be observed while waiting your turn.
- No one will be allowed to enter the building
Returning school materials
This will also be the time for students to return items to the building. There will be bins at each grade level station where items should be placed. Students should return:
- Media Center books
- Classroom reading books
- Reading bags
- Any other items borrowed from teachers or the building (Except Chromebooks. We’ll be collecting those later.)
Lifetouch is partially on shut down, so our Yearbooks have not been shipped yet. We expect to receive them sometime in late summer and will be sure to get them to everyone who paid. Thanks for your patience!
Class composite photos will be available on June 2 for those who ordered fall pictures.
We miss you, so we hope all families will take advantage of the opportunity to bring a bag load of student goodies home for the summer. As we do with lost & found items at the end of each school year, any items not picked up on June 2 will be donated or discarded.
If you know you are unable to come on June 2, please contact Mrs. Waddell before Tuesday to work out other arrangements. Email at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 313-827-6004. If we hear from you, we’ll hold on to items until the arranged alternative pickup time.
Take care Whitmore families! See you soon.